What we have achieved?
The most prized achievement is that we could empower young minds to step up and ask questions.
Our College decided to provide us a room.
When we started, Dr. Ganesh and Dr. Shalini were the only people to help us with tools and mentorship. Looking at our performance, we were allotted a small room to do science.
1. 6 students from the lab have won CUBE Young Scientist Award from HBCSE.
2. 3 students from the lab has won CUBE Young Mentorship Award.
3. Best Poster Award in International Consortium For Contemporary Biologists.
4. Best Oral Presentation Award in International Consortium for Contemporary Biologist.
5. Best Poster award in National Academy of Sciences, Chitrakoot.
6. Best Poster Award in National Academy of Sciences, Hyderabad.
Conference: IAN, Cuttack ,2017
We presented our poster for the first time at an International conference of Indian Academy of Neurosciences held at Ravenshaw University, Cuttack in October, 2017. Topic- Olfactory response in lab breed v/s native fruit flies.
International Consortium for Contemporary Biologist
We have presented and won a gold medal for best oral talk and best poster award for our work on Fruit flies and Hydra, organized by Metas Adventis in Bariatu, Ranchi.
National Academy of Sciences, India.
We have presented 6 posters on different model systems which got us a
Best Poster Award in National Academy of Sciences, Hyderabad.
Imaging workshop and Collaboration at NIT, Rourkela
We got an opportunity to learn and do imaging for our posters from Department of Life Science, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
Due to pandemic it was impossible to reach college or Kitchen lab. We are trained to create our own space to address questions hence Rechel-Man- Manjuel started their own lab known as Re-Man's Lab .
Workshop from CUBE, HBCSE
After Binita attended the first workshop in 2017, which acted as a trigger to do experiments, Kitchen Lab was started. We have not missed any of their workshops.
1. Sweta and Vikas have received Indian Academy of Sciences fellowship, Bangalore.
2. Rechel and Vikas did their summer training from Institute of Forest Productivity, Lalgutwa.
3. Man Masih got a chance to explore Forest Research Institute, Dehradun.
4. Binita got a chance to work at Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology,Hyderabad.
Conference: IAN BHU,2018
International Conference of Indian Academy of Neurosciences was held at Banaras Hindu University, Banaras in October, 2018. Topic- Climbing response of Wild type v/s Park13 flies.
Presentation at Central University of Jharkhand
We have presented and won a gold medal and a silver medal for our behavioral work on fruitflies and earthworm.
Training program at Zoological Survey of India, Kolkata
We got an opportunity to learn the identification of Diptera and Annelids from Zoological Survey of India, Kolkata.
Binita got a chance to work at Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology for 1 year.
Vikas has got selected for a couple of dissertation programs.